|Photo credit: Barbara Nitke|
Difficult People, Episode 301 "Passover Bump"
Released by Hulu: August 8, 2017
**This recap contains spoilers so if you haven't yet watched this episode, go do that first**
The premiere episode of Season 3 starts with our beloved “difficults” Julie and Billy running on the CBS stage of the live televised version of Sunday in the Park with George which stars… the cast of The Big Bang Theory. It’s called, Bazinga in the Park with George, because of course it is. She yells “Resist” and he yells, “Don’t ruin our favorite show,” and I 'm 100% confident he's referring to the musical, not the CBS sitcom.
Later, as they do their community service picking up trash on the shoulder of the “Nathan Lane Memorial Roadway,” Julie reveals she needs to go visit her therapist at her old college’s free student clinic, because she doesn’t have insurance and she needs her antidepressants. Especially with Passover around the corner (#
Awesome (and in this case only) nickname Arthur calls Julie in this ep:
Throwaway jokes I love:
- Matthew, regarding his parents’ death by shoot-out: They were murdered at Dollywood. Tennessee is a mandatory-carry state.
- Julie at the free clinic, to other waiting students: See you girls at the quad later. We can talk about vampire novels.
- Billy, regarding the Quizno’s Clinic: Ever since Trump replaced the Department of Health with Jenny McCarthy’s blog, nothing makes sense.
- Julie: Passover is coming, like winter on Game of Thrones, I assume.
- Billy signs the kid’s leg cast: I’m so proud you’re gay!
- Aunt Bonnie: You remember sex, Marilyn?
Marilyn: Yes I do Bonnie. You never forget your little sister’s first paying job.
Did I miss anything? Let me know! Until next time...
*All photos courtesy of Hulu, unless otherwise noted.